Can I refinance an SBA loan with another lender?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

SBA wont refinance my loan and my business is failing and i need to refinance . I cant file for bankruptcy because i have a job paying 1990s year and own my own home that has an SBA lien .

1. Christopher Palmer

Pro

2

Answered . It sounds as if you are in a difficult position. You likely are allowed to refinance - however, you must review your loan documents carefully to ensure you maintain compliance. Given your situation, you might find it difficult to refinance. Speak to a business bankruptcy attorney or a general business attorney in order to fully assess the facts of your situation.

2. George Chakmakis Jr

2

Answered . Check for any pre-payment penalties on the loan. Overall, it sounds like you need professional help with asset protection. There are hard money lenders also, but that is not usually recommended. Maybe some type of re-org plan? See www.chakmakislaw.com for more info.

3. Timothy John Broussard

Answered . You need to review your loan documents. This is less of a legal matter, but more practical. You may want to discuss a refinance of the home, or equity line first. A working capital loan may be a challlenge with the SBA, but plausible. Also, confirm you actually gave the SBA lender a security interest on your residence. If so, it will also be tough to re-finance. Now, if its merely a personal guarantee only, then a re-finance becomes more possible. You need a good loan broker to work through this challenge.

This email does not create an Attorney-Client relationship.