Can I refile a claim if new evidence is introduced?

Asked about 1 year ago - Duluth, GA

My mom was injured in an auto accident. Her case was dismissed in 2008 but she just got on disability in March of this year. The extents of her injuries are her si joint is twisted and because no one has done anything and her insurance company didn't give her any of her uninsured money, her injuries are looking at $1 million in surgery. Her doctor said she is in critical condition and any wrong movement she can be paralyzed. She has been to 20+ doctors over the last 8 years for someone to do something and this year bc she is on medicaid they are willing to help. Her accident wasn't her fault and she was hit from behind which caused her to hit 2 cars in front of her. I know her case was dismissed but is their any thing I can do for her bc she will never be the same or able to live of ssi.

1. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

11

Answered . There is a two year statute of limitations on filing a suit for personal injury. Once that suit is filed and ends, there is a 30 day period to appeal. We are obviously way past that, so the answer based on your post is no.

Pro

8

Answered . You waited a little bit too long.

3. Tatiana Kadetskaya

8

Answered . Too late now

4. David Ian Schoen

Pro

6

Answered . Why and how was her case dismissed under those facts?

5. David B. Carter Jr.

Pro

4

Answered . Time has expired, it is too late.