Can I reenter USA after dropping asylum case

Asked over 1 year ago - Cleveland, OH

I have just filed my asylum case and now my mother is sick and I need to return back to my country , if i withdraw my asylum case now , can i re - enter USA or they will report my name to the airport and i won't be allowed to enter the states again . thanks

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

8

1

Answered . PROVIDED you did not end up in removal proceedings where you would have "dropped" your case without telling the court, that is the court granting your VD request, and provided further that you did not overstay your welcome in the USA beyond 180 days, and provided further that the asylum application was not deliberately fabricated and finally provided that the consulate would be satisfied that you will be coming back to your country after the visit in the USA, you may be allowed to enter.

2. Michael M. Yalovenko

Pro

8

Answered . It is impossible to answer your question as more information about your immigration history is required-consult an experienced immigration attorney! Good Luck!

3. Dean P Murray

4

Answered . The short answer is there is no short answer -- consult a lawyer pronto.

Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

4. Andrew Marino Bramante

2

Answered . If you are presently in-status (F1, B2, etc) and you are not in immigration court proceedings (you filed I-589 with USCIS), you may withdraw the I-589 and depart. You may have two issues: your subjective fear of returning to your home country and your non-immigrant intent if you try to reenter. You should talk to a lawyer to help you think through it and sort our the issues. If you like, give me a call. I can talk to you for a few minutes. 216-338-2120