Can i recover anything if i hit a car with my bicycle?

Bakersfield, CA |

i was making a left in a trailer park and i hit a car making a right. my arm hit the side mirror and broke. i am in a cast. no police report was filed, but i am in pain.

1. In a he said/she said bicycle vs auto, the bicycle wins more often than not, but a local personal injury lawyer would need to investigate a little further.

2. These questions are always difficult to answer without having an attorney look at all of the facts. Was this at an intersection in the trailer park that had posted stop signs or a stop light? Was the car making a legal right turn when the accident occurred? What time of day/night did the accident take place? You need to speak to a Personal injury attorney who can better help you with your situation. Many firms offer free over the phone consultations.

3. There are some more details needed to determine fault. Controlled intersection? Who entered the intersection first? Speed? Turn indicators? I agree that your case does sound sympathetic. I'd call an attorney for a consult. Most will provide one for free. Good luck.

4. A bicycle rider is held to the same standard as an automobile driver. The facts that you have presented are unclear. The detailed facts would have to analyzed to determine who was the liable party in the accident. If the other party is liable, then you would be able to file a claim for damages. You should contact personal injury lawyer who is familiar with bicycle accidents.

5. Just speak with an attorney in your state to speak with him/her about the facts of the accident. Check with Avvo to find an attorney. Best of luck.

*This information should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.

6. Maybe. consult with a personal injury attorney and make a claim with the car insurance

7. You have been well advised by my Avvo colleagues. I assure you that your injuries are serious enough even if you have a speedy, complete recovery, to warrant having a personal injury attorney review your case. Best wishes.

8. From the limited facts provided, it is difficult to get an idea of who was at fault. In trying to determine whether you have a viable case, an attorney will probably want to know whether you or the other driver violated any vehicle code sections, whether there were any traffic lights or stop signs, whether there were other witnesses besides you and the other driver, and the approximate speeds each party was travelling at. The damages here appear significant enough for you to speak with an attorney about your options. Good luck.

The information presented here is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. Further, this posting does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any attorney-client relationship with the author will require a written agreement signed by both parties.

9. Contact a personal injury attorney for a free no obligation consultation and get medical attention ASAP.

10. Depends if you are at fault. You should still immediately open a claim with the driver's insurance carrier.