Can i record a cell phone call in i live in Az and she is in Montana

Avondale, AZ |

My former wife has left AZ and in Montana with our 2 children. my girls give me bits of info but when it gets to reveling she hangs up. The emails i get from her when i ask where is they are safe.

1. I presume you have joint custody or some sort of custodial arangment. If your wife is not living up to her obligation you can take her back to court. I don't know why you need to record the call since you should have a legal right to talk with your children.

2. Arizona is a one-party recording state, which means that as long as you are a party to the conversation you can record it. For example, you call your wife - you are a party and can record in AZ with no problem. If you are recording a conversation between, say, your wife and daughters, and you are not a part of the conversation, then that is where the trouble begins, as that is called wiretapping and is frowned upon.

Anyone viewing this web site should not act on any information contained on this site without seeking professional counsel from an attorney. Use of this web site and/or transmission of information to the firm is not intended to create, and should not be construed as creating, an attorney-client relationship with the firm or any of its attorneys. If you choose to communicate with the firm or any of its attorneys or other personnel through this web site, do not transmit any confidential or sensitive information by e-mail until you have spoken to an attorney from our firm either by telephone or in person. This web site may be considered advertising under applicable laws and ethical rules. The Law Offices of Brent D. Harris, PLLC do not seek to represent anyone in any state where lawyers in the firm are not admitted to practice, or in any state where this web site fails to comply with all laws and ethical rules of that state.