Can i record a cell phone call in i live in Az and she is in Montana

Asked over 1 year ago - Avondale, AZ

My former wife has left AZ and in Montana with our 2 children. my girls give me bits of info but when it gets to reveling she hangs up. The emails i get from her when i ask where is they are safe.

1. Steven W Zachary

Answered . I presume you have joint custody or some sort of custodial arangment. If your wife is not living up to her obligation you can take her back to court. I don't know why you need to record the call since you should have a legal right to talk with your children.

2. Brent D Harris

Answered . Arizona is a one-party recording state, which means that as long as you are a party to the conversation you can record it. For example, you call your wife - you are a party and can record in AZ with no problem. If you are recording a conversation between, say, your wife and daughters, and you are not a part of the conversation, then that is where the trouble begins, as that is called wiretapping and is frowned upon.