Can i record a cell phone call in i live in Az and she is in Montana

Asked about 2 years ago - Avondale, AZ

My former wife has left AZ and in Montana with our 2 children. my girls give me bits of info but when it gets to reveling she hangs up. The emails i get from her when i ask where is they are safe.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Steven W Zachary

    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . I presume you have joint custody or some sort of custodial arangment. If your wife is not living up to her obligation you can take her back to court. I don't know why you need to record the call since you should have a legal right to talk with your children.

  2. Brent D Harris

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Arizona is a one-party recording state, which means that as long as you are a party to the conversation you can record it. For example, you call your wife - you are a party and can record in AZ with no problem. If you are recording a conversation between, say, your wife and daughters, and you are not a part of the conversation, then that is where the trouble begins, as that is called wiretapping and is frowned upon.

    Anyone viewing this web site should not act on any information contained on this site without seeking professional... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,681 answers this week

3,411 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,681 answers this week

3,411 attorneys answering