Can I receive temporary/majority time sharing as a father? (grounds for modification) (we have shared custody 50/50 time sharing

Asked over 1 year ago - Jacksonville, FL

My sons mother has been recently charged with 6 felonies of check fraud. She had a warrant out for her arrest and was arrested with our son in the car as she transported him to daycare. He was then taken to daycare by someone else. Two days later I went to daycare and was told that my son was at school crying the day of the arrest saying; "They took my mommy away in chains!" Upon hearing of the news from the daycare, I questioned my son on the issue. He was non-responsive saying, "My mommy said I couldn't tell you!" I couldn't get him to tell me what happened until the daycare assisted me making him feel comfortable. I approached his mother asking what happened, and she immediately lied to me saying, she didn't tell me because of what my reaction may be. everythings a secretwithher

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Paul H Green Jr.

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Contact a Jacksonville family law attorney.

  2. Matthew Thomas Majeski


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can definitely motion for modification if mother's behavior is endangering your child. If you're not comfortable how to do this on your own, I strongly suggest getting the help of a local family law attorney.

    Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the... more
  3. Aaron James Irving


    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Yes, these factors can contribute to a finding for modification. Modification is two-file (1) substantial change in circumstances not contemplated at the time of final judgment and (2) best interest of the child.

    Contact local counsel as soon as possible.

    Note: The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation... more

Related Topics

Child Custody

Child custody involves decisions about who will be responsible for a child, including parental rights, for both married and unmarried parents, and adoptions.

Shared custody

Shared custody is a joint custody arrangement where both parents share decision making and have physical custody of their child for an equal amount of time.

Avvo advisor logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 15-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $39 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Advisor span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now