Can I receive temporary/majority time sharing as a father? (grounds for modification) (I wasn't offered first right of refusal)

My sons mother has been recently charged with 6 felonies of check fraud. She had a warrant out for her arrest and was arrested with our son in the car as she transported him to daycare. He was then taken to daycare by someone else. Two days later I went to daycare and was told that my son was at school crying the day of the arrest saying; "They took my mommy away in chains!" Upon hearing of the news from the daycare, I questioned my son on the issue. He was non-responsive saying, "My mommy said I couldn't tell you!" I couldn't get him to tell me what happened until the daycare assisted me making him feel comfortable. I approached his mother asking what happened, and she immediately lied to me saying, she didn't tell me because of what my reaction may be. everythings a secretwithher

Jacksonville, FL -

Paul H Green Jr.

Paul H Green Jr.

Family Law Attorney - Jacksonville, FL

Contact a Jacksonville family law attorney.

www.familylawjax.com

Aaron James Irving

Aaron James Irving

Family Law Attorney - Jacksonville, FL

I assume now parenting plan was ordered in a paternity proceeding? The first thing to do is to have an attorney file a Petition to Determine Paternity, wherein you would ask the court to acknowledge you as the legal father, establish timesharing and child support.

www.integritylawjax.com

Related Advice