Skip to main content

Can I receive temporary/majority time sharing as a father? (grounds for modification) (I wasn't offered first right of refusal)

Jacksonville, FL |

My sons mother has been recently charged with 6 felonies of check fraud. She had a warrant out for her arrest and was arrested with our son in the car as she transported him to daycare. He was then taken to daycare by someone else. Two days later I went to daycare and was told that my son was at school crying the day of the arrest saying; "They took my mommy away in chains!" Upon hearing of the news from the daycare, I questioned my son on the issue. He was non-responsive saying, "My mommy said I couldn't tell you!" I couldn't get him to tell me what happened until the daycare assisted me making him feel comfortable. I approached his mother asking what happened, and she immediately lied to me saying, she didn't tell me because of what my reaction may be. everythings a secretwithher

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I assume now parenting plan was ordered in a paternity proceeding? The first thing to do is to have an attorney file a Petition to Determine Paternity, wherein you would ask the court to acknowledge you as the legal father, establish timesharing and child support.

Note: The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.



I should have clarified... Her and I are divorced and have 50/50 time sharing.

Aaron James Irving

Aaron James Irving


You would take her back to court on a supplemental petition to modify timesharing and child support. We do provide a free consultation. Please let us know if we may be able to assist.


Contact a Jacksonville family law attorney.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer