Can I reapply for unemployment when denied?

Asked about 4 years ago - Joliet, IL

I am 47yrs old, I have never received unemployment before. I had my job for over 10yrs, I was the manager of a warehouse. I voluntarily left my position in March of this year. I filed for benefits after receiving my final check in April, I filed in May. I was denied and appealed, denied again and appealed and now had a final denial and was told to seek legal advice if I wished to appeal. I had very justified reasons for leaving my position. The company did not appear at either hearing or contest me receiving benefits. But yet I was denied. The state of IL. denied me. I can not find a lawyer in my area that will represent me. Can I refile, when can I refile and what can I do to get my benefits. I am looking and interviewing but no offers. I am many months behind on all bills. I need help.

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . There seems to be a misunderstanding. Unemployment benefits are for those that lose their job through no fault. If you quit, you will not qualify for the benefits most often. That is generally the rule.

In these desperation economy times with Illinois unemployment at an all time high, and with State of Illinois in extraordinarily bad economic shape and almost broke, the pressures on these unemployment benefits are extremely high.

It is no wonder that your continued appeals are being denied. You simply do not qualify for benefits, if what you posted on the matter is true.