Can i reapply for unemployment even if last year was denied and i didnt appeal?

Asked about 1 year ago - Sacramento, CA

In july of 2011 I filed for unemployment. My parents lost the house and we moved to Sacramento, also I was getting married in october of the same year, so I wrote that i was getting married in october and that i was moving to sacramento. Therefore my application was denied. Then I appealed and when I got the appointment I canceled it, because my husband said that I didnt need to do that since he would be taking care of my expenses...... After a year of marriage we separated and neither of us have a job. I havent been able to find a job and that is why I would like to know if I could refiled for unemployment.

1. Michael Robert Kirschbaum

2

Answered . I am sorry you have gone through such a difficult time. Unfortunately, i cannot brighten things up for you because it appears you lost your opportunity to fight for your benefits when you canceled your appeal of the decision denying them. The denial of those benefits does not change with the passage of time. You won't qualify for unemployment until you lose another job through no fault of your own.

2. Stephen Ross Cohen

1

Answered . File, what have you got to lose, 15 minutes of your time?