Can i reapply for unemployment even if last year was denied and i didnt appeal?

Sacramento, CA |

In july of 2011 I filed for unemployment. My parents lost the house and we moved to Sacramento, also I was getting married in october of the same year, so I wrote that i was getting married in october and that i was moving to sacramento. Therefore my application was denied. Then I appealed and when I got the appointment I canceled it, because my husband said that I didnt need to do that since he would be taking care of my expenses...... After a year of marriage we separated and neither of us have a job. I havent been able to find a job and that is why I would like to know if I could refiled for unemployment.

1. I am sorry you have gone through such a difficult time. Unfortunately, i cannot brighten things up for you because it appears you lost your opportunity to fight for your benefits when you canceled your appeal of the decision denying them. The denial of those benefits does not change with the passage of time. You won't qualify for unemployment until you lose another job through no fault of your own.

They say you get what you pay for, and this response is free, so take it for what it is worth. This is my opinion based on very limited information. My opinion should not be taken as legal advice. For true advice, we would require a confidential consultation where I would ask you questions and get your complete story. This is a public forum, so remember, nothing here is confidential. Nor am I your attorney. I do not know who you are and you have not hired me to provide any legal service. To do so would require us to meet and sign written retainer agreement. My responses are intended for general information only.

2. File, what have you got to lose, 15 minutes of your time?

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.