Can I reapply for UI after exhausting my SDI, even after a few years of litigation due to a personal injury?

Sun City, CA |

In July 2009 I started receiving UI, while receiving UI I was in a serious auto accident in April 2010, I eventually had major back surgery for. Started getting SDI in May 2010. SDI exhausted in January 2011. April 2013 my doctor has now released me with limitations. Can I reapply for UI from the previous claim? Tried to apply for SSI, was denied.

1. Consult an injury attorney who also handles disability claims to investigate and advise you accordingly.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

2. As for your unemployment claim, you should check with a representative at the Employment Development Division to see if too much time has passed since your last day of work to re-open your previous unemployment claim. As for your SSI claim, were you denied based on medical or financial inelgibility? If you qualified financially, but the SSA denied your claim based on medical ineligibility then you should consider hiring a local social security disability attorney to help you appeal the decision. You should know that you only have 65 days from the date of the denial to appeal, so time is of the essence. Good luck!