Can I re-open my divorse case after 2 years later, if I found new information I did not have at the time I agreed to the terms?

Oviedo, FL |

Approx. 2 years ago I agree to certain terms in my divorce, not beneficial to me for he kept all the money and left me with debt. At the time I just wanted to move on and forget about my then husband, whom out of nowhere decided to leave me with no explanation or notice. After the divorce I found out that he left me to be with someone else, and that he had been with that someone during our marriage, went on vacations with her, purchased a wedding ring while we were married, and married her 1 month after our divorce. We were married for 25 years, have 2 kids (20 & 26), he kept all the money in our accounts (over $50,000), left me a car payment and a house payment, we each kept our retirements (his is 4 times more than mine). If I knew what I know now I would have fight for what I know now is mine.

1. Unfortunately, there is most likely nothing that you can do at this point, unless you can prove he lied on a financial affidavit. However, it doesn't sound like he failed to disclose any accounts or hid any assets, only failed to disclose his personal behavior. While it does sound as if he dissipated marital assets during the marriage, that wouldn't be grounds to "re-open" the matter. That should have been dealt with at the Final Judgment hearing.

Wish I could be more helpful!

Divorce Topics