Can I re-open my divorce case? I cant afford a lawyer.

Asked about 1 year ago - Des Moines, IA

Divorced in 2008. House was linked ul with the businesses. Signed a quit claim. 401k was cashed for the first business with his persistence. Been to court 3 times and mediation twice. Heys has not complied with any of the decree. He was held in contempt once. I took less from the business buy out so my kids college would be paid for. Hes not paying my daughters loan. The house was to be sold and has not. He has been married three years now. My sons child support will be done next year. The money from the buy-out ended today. My name is still on the bank loans so I cant move on. I am a single 48-hear old mother. My son wants to live here during college but I cant afford it. I have spent thousands on lawyer fees over the past five years. I don't know what to do. If somebody could help me.

Schimmarie65@hotmail.com

1. Thomas O. Moens

1

Answered . You might try contacting Iowa Legal Aid. Their website is:
    http://www.iowalegalaid.org

2. Cory R Wall

1

Answered . You should be able to take your ex husband back to court to enforce the divorce decree if he's not in compliance. I would recommend you contact several attorneys to see who may be willing to do your case for little or no cost. If your ex is found in contempt, you may be able to recover your attorney's fees.