Can I re-open a car accident claim after it was repaired?

The accident was two years ago , 12 / 2010 . It was not my fault and the other party's insurance , All State paid for it to be repaired . However , recently when I went into Honda where I get my car serviced regularly they suspect that there may have been faulty welding done by the auto body shop that worked on the car . How can I re - open or can I re - open the claim to have my car examined for this ?

1. Best bet is to take the car back to the shop that did this work, and talk to the manager about remediation.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

2. You've provably released them.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

3. If you haven't signed a Release than you may still be able to repair the faulty work on the other driver's policy but either way the shop that did the work should fix at no charge.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

4. Short is yes. Do two things - contact the Allstate adjuster and contact the body shop. All repairs should be guaranteed.

5. It would not appear that even though you may have signed a Release with the auto body shop, you were not releasing them from any faulty welding that they did. I agree with the other attorneys that you should go directly to the body shop to discuss this issue directly with them. Did Allstate recommend them? If so, talk to Allstate if necessary after you talk to the body shop.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I have been licensed to practice law in California since 1978. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

6. IF YOU GET A WRITTEN REPAIR ESTIMATE FROM YOUR MECHANIC, THEN YOU WILL HAVE A BETTER CHANCE IN DISCUSSING THIS MATTER WITH THE PREVIOUS GARAGE AND WITH ALL STATE. IF THE GARAGE OWNER THAT PREVIOUSLY FIXED THE CAR IS MART, HE WOULD FIX YOUR CAR RIGHT AWAY. BEST OF LUCK.

This answer is provided by California Accident Attorney Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., 510-206-4492. Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. Abogado de Lesiones de Accidentes de Autos, provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. Oakland Abogado Accidentes Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Accidentes de carros, Abogado de accidentes de Peatones, practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de lesiones y heridos en accidentes de autos, is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Heridos en Accidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Abogado de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, Abogado de Accidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.