Skip to main content

Can I re-enter the United States with a dismissal? (Certificate of Disposition)

New York, NY |

I am on a work visa in the United States. Recently I was arrested for shoplifting but I received a dismissal. I have no prior criminal background. I'll be travelling to my home country for a few weeks and then I intend to come back to the US. Can I be denied entry?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. It's possible.
    Speak to an immigration attorney.

    Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

    I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

  2. It should not be a problem. Check with an immigration attorney.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics