Can I re-apply for OPT STEM extension?

I graduated with a Masters in Computer Science in the USA in May 2010. I applied for post-completion OPT, started working on a full-time job since April 2010. Before my post-completion OPT expired, I applied for an OPT STEM extension, but while the application was pending, I decided to come back to India, and mailed USCIS about cancelling my application. Now, I wish to come back and work in the USA. Can I re-apply for extended OPT? I work in a company in India whose headquarters are in the US.

Jersey City, NJ -

Dean P Murray

Dean P Murray

Immigration Attorney - Hoboken, NJ

Not likely. You have to be in an approved post-completion OPT period based on a designated STEM degree. You should consult an immigration attorney to discuss your situation in greater detail and inquire as to your options.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Portland, OR

It does not look possible.

Meet with an attorney to explore alternatives.

Theodore John Murphy

Theodore John Murphy

Immigration Attorney - West Chester, PA

I does not appear likely that you can reenter on an extended OPT. Contact an experienced immigration attorney to explore ways to come back.