Can I re -enter USA with valid H1B(Entries M)

Asked over 1 year ago - 07012

Hi ,I am currently working in US on H1B (Entries M) from Jan 2013 ..my H1B is valid till Dec 2013..I am planing to visit India my home in March 2013 for 2 weeks for personnel visit and wanted to come back US and resume work again
Is it safe to do so ,what documents do I required for it

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

Answered . Yes, it is safe given that you previously stated to possess a consular visa stamp.

. You will need a letter from the employer confirming your continued employment, as well as your last 3 pay stubs to show the CBP officer if asked. Be ready to explain your position and everyday job duties to the CBP officer.

2. Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

Pro

2

Answered . Are you saying that your passport has a multiple entry H-1B visa stamp that is vaid until December 2013? If so, you can travel and come back. Make sure you have proof that you have maintained your status all along by working for your H-1B petitioner, as well as their continued intention to employ you.

3. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You will be able to return and resume work. Take proof that you are still employed and will be by the same company upon your return.