Can I re -enter USA with valid H1B(Entries M)

Hi ,I am currently working in US on H1B (Entries M) from Jan 2013 ..my H1B is valid till Dec 2013..I am planing to visit India my home in March 2013 for 2 weeks for personnel visit and wanted to come back US and resume work again Is it safe to do so ,what documents do I required for it

07012 -

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Immigration Attorney - San Diego, CA

Yes, it is safe given that you previously stated to possess a consular visa stamp.

. You will need a letter from the employer confirming your continued employment, as well as your last 3 pay stubs to show the CBP officer if asked. Be ready to explain your position and everyday job duties to the CBP officer.

Sponsored Listing
Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

Are you saying that your passport has a multiple entry H-1B visa stamp that is vaid until December 2013? If so, you can travel and come back. Make sure you have proof that you have maintained your status all along by working for your H-1B petitioner, as well as their continued intention to employ you.

Theodore John Murphy

Theodore John Murphy

Immigration Attorney - West Chester, PA

I agree with my colleagues. You will be able to return and resume work. Take proof that you are still employed and will be by the same company upon your return.