Can I re -enter USA with valid H1B

Hi ,I am currently working in US on H1B from Dec 2012 ..my H1B is valid till Jan 2015..I am planing to visit India in March 2013 for 2 weeks for personnel visit and wanted to come back US and resume work again Is it safe to do so ,what documents do I required for it

07012 -

Tripti Sharad Sharma

Tripti Sharad Sharma

Immigration Attorney - Newark, CA

As long as you are traveling within the validity period of the H-1B visa you should be OK. Carry proof of employment for POE verification.

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Immigration Attorney - San Diego, CA

You will need to come back with a consular H-1B visa stamp to be readmitted to the US.

You apply on Form DS-160. Go to the particular consulate's website and follow the instructions for the types of document you'll need to. Bring with you to the visa interview.

You'll need a letter form your employer confirming your H-1B employment, as well as your three (3) latest pay stubs.

Joseph Gerard Cella

Joseph Gerard Cella

Immigration Attorney - Clifton, NJ

I agree with attorney Sharma.