Can I qualify for Obama's dream act if I came to US legally when I was 16 and overstayed?

New York, NY |

I came to US first when I was 15, on b1 visa, joined high school, studied for 6 months then exited country for 7 days and reentered. I was 16 at the time I reentered last. Would I qualify for Obama's Dream Act?

I'm 29 now

1. Most likely you are eligible since your departure was brief, causual, etc, and not under an order of deportation.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

2. Probably.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. Your case will require a further evaluation, consider to have an attorney for your representation.

The above is intended as general information only and cannot be relied upon as legal advice. Laws change constantly and vary from state to state. The legal principals discussed may differ substantially from your personal situation. Therefore You should consult an attorney about your particular situation. (212)880-1538 Law Offices of Tsirina Goroshit is a Full Service Immigration Law Office, at 275 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor New York, NY 10016