Can I qualify for Obama's dream act if I came to US legally when I was 16 and overstayed?

Asked almost 2 years ago - New York, NY

I came to US first when I was 15, on b1 visa, joined high school, studied for 6 months then exited country for 7 days and reentered. I was 16 at the time I reentered last. Would I qualify for Obama's Dream Act?

I'm 29 now

1. Tsirina Goroshit

1

Answered . Your case will require a further evaluation, consider to have an attorney for your representation.

2. Stephen D. Berman

1

Answered . Most likely you are eligible since your departure was brief, causual, etc, and not under an order of deportation.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Probably.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.