Can I qualify/ apply for Disability/maternity leave while on Unemployment?

Victorville, CA |

I was laid off from my Job in August, I was 16 weeks pregnant at the time the company went out of business. I am currently 34 weeks. I have been unable to locate a job and I'm getting close to my due date. I will not be able to look for or accept work around the time the baby is due and born. After the doctor gives the ok to go back to work, I will start looking again and probably need to go back on unemployment until I locate something. I live in california, will they let me do this?

Disability is for while you're pregnant and a separate issue from unemployment. If you're that pregnant, I'd hop to it and apply.

Ms. Johns can be reached at her Woodland Hills and San Diego offices at (866) 402-4038. Her email is and her office does offer free telephone consultations to Avvo askers. Ms. Johns is a lawyer although she is not your lawyer unless you have consulted with her and signed a fee or letter agreement confirming her representation of you. This Avvo response does not otherwise create a binding attorney client fee agreement. Ms. Johns and her employees are not tax or financial advisors and do not give tax or financial advice of any kind. For such advice, it is recommended that you consult with a tax or financial professional in that field.

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business