Can I pursue legal action?

Asked 26 days ago - Rochester, NY

My wife began experiencing severe headaches and eye pain, an eye specialist told her it was a possible brain aneurysm. She had MRI and cat scans done, as well as a spinal tap and has even seen a nerologist. All of which found no brain issue. She went for new glasses and the eye doctor told her the muscles in her eyes were very weak which could end up resulting in blindness. He called the original specialist to send her there. They refuse to see her insisting it's a brain issue and another doctor has also confirmed weak eye muscles are the problem and surgery is necessary and tried to send her again to the original specialist.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

4

Answered . I think your wife needs to keep searching for the cause rather than worrying about suing. Until she knows what the cause is it would be hard to prove medical malpractice.

2. Richard C. Southard

Pro

2

Answered . Your facts do not give sufficient basis for a med mal claim.

3. Mario David Cometti

2

Answered . Until a proper diagnosis of your wife's problems is made no attorney can assess whether there was malpractice. Sped your energy helping her. Then you may approach the issue as to what went wrong, if anything, with her prior treatment.

4. John Christian Bohren

3

Answered . I don't see any potential medical malpractice here, but I may not have all the facts. In order to have medical malpractice, a medical official (doctor, nurse, etc.) has to have caused some injury that was the result of a breach of duty that goes outside the standard of care they owed to your wife. If they are simply saying it's a brain issue and she needs to see a specialist, she should follow that advice.

5. Andrew Steven Ashby

1

Answered . From what you listed above, I see different medical professionals with different opinions, and I see some trying to rule out different medical possibilities, but I don't see that anyone did anything wrong.