Can I process GC for my family along with me while they are in my country?

Asked 7 months ago - Williamsburg, OH

I am in L1-A. My employer has started GC process for me under EB1c. My family is in my country. Though I can get it clarified thru my corporate attorney, I thought of taking addition opinion here.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

Pro

5

Answered . "Here" is not good for additional opinions. "Here" is good for general information. As you have correctly admitted, you are seeking second opinion. That one should be sought through a private consultation with an immigration attorney of your choice. It might not be free but will get you your answer.

2. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

2

Answered . Yes but consider having them with you on L-2. Work with your attorney either option is proper

3. Carolyn Jean Fuchs

3

1

Answered . It might be a good idea to get your family L-2 visas to come to the US so they can apply at the same time, or even after. Otherwise they will have to wait until your green card is approved and process in the home country. Check with your corporate attorney.

4. Lynne Rogers Feldman

2

1

Answered . Two options. Bring your family here on L-2 status before your I-485 is approved and then they can adjust here with you Or concurrently file an I-824 with your I-485 for them to follow-to-join you. In that case their cases won't be started until your green card is approved. I would recommend option 1.

--
    Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    website: www.immigrateme.com

5. Aggie Rachel Hoffman

Pro

2

Answered . The answer is yes, but you should speak to the corporate attorney.