CAN I PROCEED WITH COMPLETING MY DIVORCE ON MY OWN BEING THAT MY ATTORNEY WILL NOT GIVE ME MY SIGNED STIPULATION.

Asked 6 months ago - Brentwood, NY

I HAVE A COPY OF THE STIPULATION BUT ATTORNEY WILL NOT GIVE ORIGINAL

I AM UNABLE TO GET ANOTHER RESIGNED DUE TO SOON TO BE EX WILL NOT MAKE THINGS EASY FOR ME. THAT WOULD BE TO CIVIL

1. Howard J Pobiner

Pro

1

Answered . It sounds like you and your lawyer have to sit down and work out your differences. There are lots of papers that have to be done to finish an uncontested divorce after the stipulation is signed. Money is probably an issue. The attorney is entitled to be paid for doing the work whether you are getting along or not. Finishing it yourself can be as easy as setting a broken bone yourself to save the cost of going to the MD.

2. David Alexander Browde

Pro

Answered . Can you get the stipulation signed again? The court will need an original.

3. Howard E. Knispel

Pro

Answered . You need to file an originally executed Stipulation. Is your attorney withholding the paperwork because you owe money? The Stipulation was prepared and negotiated by the attorney who needs to be paid.

4. Andrew T. Velonis

Answered . There seems to be something missing here. Why does your attorney not file the stip (along with the rest of the paperwork) ? What reason does your lawyer give for not providing you with the original? Why would you want to go and file the stip if there is a legitimate reason that your lawyer doesn't do it? You do know that filing the stip will not get you the divorce, correct?