Can I Print professional sports team logo for free

Pflugerville, TX |

Hi I am looking to sell a item that will sell without a trademarked logo printed on it but I want to offer my customer the option to customize what they buy with any drawing or photo by uploading it. I do not care if it is a NBA, NFL, NCAA team logo or a personal family photo. I will not charge for this printing service and I will sell my item at the same price whether the customer want it plain black or white or with a professional sports team logo. Can I do this legally? Thank you

yes, if you get a licence from the owner.

Otherwise No. In fact, most major trademark holders have firms that do little more than police infringement--this is because the failure to take steps to protect your mark can result in deemed abandonment. Btw, it's also criminal in some contexts. Also, infringement has mandatory attorney's fees + statutory damages if you do not comply and force litigation.

Legal Disclaimer: Richard W. Beck is licensed to practice law in Colorado. His answers are for general information and no Answer or Comment shall be deemed to create an attorney-client relationship or create any right of confidentiality. The reader should never assume that this information applies to his or her specific situation or constitutes legal advice. Therefore, please consult an appropriate attorney in your jurisdiction and who is familiar with your specific facts and all of the circumstances as there is likely a time limit related to the question that could expire at any time and you would lose any rights you had.IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE: As required by U.S. Treasury Regulations governing tax practice, you are hereby advised that written advice contained herein (if any) was not written or intended to be used (and cannot be used) by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code.

Trademark infringement topics

Recommended articles about Trademark infringement