Can I press charges on someone who reported false accusations to CPS? The things they said were unspeakable & anger me!

Mabank, TX |

Also, I just found out when reading the case records that they interviewed my daughter at her school. I know they can do that, but my husband or myself were not notified, and I read on the website they have to notify you within 24 hours of the interview. Is that a valid complaint?

1. Your experience with CPS is unfortunately not uncommon. If you are being investigated by CPS you need to hire a lawyer immediately. Once CPS decides you may have done something wrong you will run through the system and force you to complete as many classes, counseling sessions, drug tests, home studies as they desire, all while they threaten to remove your child to foster care, or worse, terminate your parental right all together. Get a lawyer, now.

Robert Guest is a Kaufman County Criminal Defense Lawyer with offices is Forney, Texas, Irving, Texas and Kaufman, Texas. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. My use of Avvo is not intended to form an attonrey-client relationship. Avvo is a limited forum and should never be used as a replacement for a consultation with a local lawyer. My answers are not legal advice. You really need a consultation with a local attorney. Do that before making any important decisions.

2. I agree with Attorney Guest, you need to talk with an attorney ASAP.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

3. If some made false statements of fact about you to another knowing they were false you may have a case for defamation. However these case are very expensive. Most attorneys require a $5000 retainer to start. If this is worth it to you contact a local attorney to review your case.

-Michael R. Juarez Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216 San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 www.jslaw.org Mike@jslaw.org This posting is provided for “information purposes” only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice." Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principles discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different jurisdictions.

4. Without a monetary loss, a defamation lawsuit would costs thousands more than would be likely recovered.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com