Can i press charges against a persons for battery and threatening me?

Asked about 2 years ago - Salinas, CA

I was taking pictures where i live of cars that are parking in the "no parking' zone, it is only for visitors and not residents and my neighbor woman came over and to my camera out off my hand forcefully and then her son-in-law threaten me if I took another picture, all this time i was in my property when they did this?

1. Curtis Lamar Harrington Jr

Answered . A police report should be filed.

The persons could be liable for:
    1. Terroristic threats
    2. Malicious damage to property if the camera was harmed
    3. Trespass

You may also sue civilly. However, if they do press charges, you can ask for restitution for any damage caused (if their guilt is determined).

Its not really a civil rights question unless you are threatened by the state.

2. Pius Joseph

Pro

Answered . It depends on the nature of the threat.It has to be a true threat for you to press criminal charges.You may still have a civil course of action. As to Battery it depends on what actually transpired to determine if it is a Civil or Criminal Battery.