Can I post an ad in the newspaper asking for money to help pay off my credit cards without violating any laws?

Lewisville, TX |

I live in Texas

Sure. I don't see a legal problem with white collar begging. Let us know how it goes.

I'm not your attorney; my answer to your question includes assumptions. If you want me to be your attorney, I'm easy to find.

There is no legal reason not to. In fact, we have seen a number of such "ads" in local papers around us. Good luck. In case you it doesn't work out you can always consider bankruptcy. I have attached a link to our book A Fresh Start: A Guide to understanding Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. You may find it helpful.

Peter J. Lamont, Esq. Law Offices of Peter J. Lamont 623 Lafayette Avenue, Suite 2, Hawthorne, NJ 07506 Phone: (973) 949-3770 Fax: (866) 603-0471 Toll Free: (855) NJLAW01 (855) 655-2901 Additional Offices in Massapequa, NY, Monument, CO, San Juan, PR and affiliates throughout the country. PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. Transmission of the information is not intended to create, and the receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship between sender and receiver. You should not act or rely on any information contained on this site without first seeking the advice of an attorney.

Hmm. . . I have never heard of someone doing that. I would think that you might also want to try Craigslist. Given the economy and the fact that you are not a non-profit, I would be surprised if you get many offers. Let us know if you do, as it will let us know that there are still some Good Samaritans out there.

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt