Can I post an ad in the newspaper asking for money to help pay off my credit cards without violating any laws?

I live in Texas

Lewisville, TX -

Warren Vincent Norred

Warren Vincent Norred

Bankruptcy Attorney - Arlington, TX

Sure. I don't see a legal problem with white collar begging. Let us know how it goes.

Sponsored Listing
Peter Joseph Lamont

Peter Joseph Lamont

Bankruptcy Attorney - Hawthorne, NJ

There is no legal reason not to. In fact, we have seen a number of such "ads" in local papers around us. Good luck. In case you it doesn't work out you can always consider bankruptcy. I have attached a link to our book A Fresh Start: A Guide to understanding Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. You may find it helpful.

Christopher Daniel Leroi

Christopher Daniel Leroi

Business Attorney - Greenwood Village, CO

Hmm. . . I have never heard of someone doing that. I would think that you might also want to try Craigslist. Given the economy and the fact that you are not a non-profit, I would be surprised if you get many offers. Let us know if you do, as it will let us know that there are still some Good Samaritans out there.

Sponsored Listing