Can i post a bond on traffic tickets in nassau county NY if i missed the court date, to lift the suspension?

Asked over 3 years ago - Mount Sinai, NY

I missed my traffic court date for running a red light and no inspection. Due to this my liscence was suspended.

1. Matthew Jay Weiss

1

Answered . Usually, you just resolve your Nassau tickets rather than posting a bond. If you appear, you (or your traffic lawyer) can negotiate a reduction and, upon payment, your suspension will be lifted.

Matthew Weiss, Esq.

Weiss & Associates, PC

212-683-7373

mweiss@888redlight.com

Weiss & Associates, PC

212-683-7373

mweiss@888redlight.com

Since 1991, we have been making fighting all types of vehicle and traffic law matters as easy as possible. less

2. Theodore W. Robinson

1

Answered . I agree with Mr. Weiss' answer. You can post a bond in Nassau, but it's probably easier and quicker to simply work out a plea bargain and be done with it on one appearance.

3. Matthew Tannenbaum

Pro

1

Answered . Best thing to do is to appear in court and reslove the tickets or if you cannot appear hire a local attorney who can appear for you, dispose of the tickets and lift the suspensions.
    You can call me for a free phone consultation at 516-683-1234