Skip to main content

Can i post a bond on traffic tickets in nassau county NY if i missed the court date, to lift the suspension?

Mount Sinai, NY |

I missed my traffic court date for running a red light and no inspection. Due to this my liscence was suspended.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Usually, you just resolve your Nassau tickets rather than posting a bond. If you appear, you (or your traffic lawyer) can negotiate a reduction and, upon payment, your suspension will be lifted.

Matthew Weiss, Esq. <p> Weiss & Associates, PC <p> 212-683-7373 <p> <p> Since 1991, we have been making fighting all types of vehicle and traffic law matters as easy as possible.


I agree with Mr. Weiss' answer. You can post a bond in Nassau, but it's probably easier and quicker to simply work out a plea bargain and be done with it on one appearance.

You may call our office at 516-248-6600 or send an email to us at This answer does not form an attorney/client relationship with anyone and any answers do not constitute direct legal advice and should not be followed unless and until you have spoken with an attorney of your choice.


Best thing to do is to appear in court and reslove the tickets or if you cannot appear hire a local attorney who can appear for you, dispose of the tickets and lift the suspensions.
You can call me for a free phone consultation at 516-683-1234

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer