Skip to main content

Can I possibly bring my kids to United States?

Hartford, CT |

Im a Filipina Citizen living in Philippines married to an American Citizen, I have 3 minor kids, 2 of 3 are our sons together. 2nd one has american passport, the youngest doesnt have one yet because we were abandoned by my husband when I was pregnant with the youngest. I want to seek security and give my kids a better life. I have a sister and a mother that lives in Seatac U.S.A. so I have a place to go and stay if ever.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. For family based immigration you must have an immediate relative sponsor you. Your sister can file for you but it will be years before a visa is available.

  2. It is worth consulting with an immigraiton lawyer to see what can be done. There are not enough facts in your question to advise you properly on AVVO.

    Contact: 860-548-2629 or This answer is provided for general education purposes only and is not intended to provide, nor does it provide, any legal advice.   By viewing this answer you understand and expressly agree that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the attorney who authored the answer.  Should you need legal advice, please contact a licensed attorney who practices in this area.  Readers of this answer and the information contained herein should not act upon any information contained in this answer without seeking legal counsel.

  3. You have some potential avenues to come to the US. I recommend seeking an immigration attorney to do a full work up on your case and determine the best course of action under these facts.

    ***973-735-2716*** Mr. Asatrian's practice is dedicated to the area of immigration and nationality law. ******** Please note the information provided herein does not constitute legal advice and should not be construed as such by anyone. It should not be relied upon as legal advice as more specific facts, research and analysis may be required to formulate a proper strategy and action in your matter. Please note this does not create an attorney-client relationship whatsoever. You should seek the assistance of an experienced immigration attorney to review your matter thoroughly and gather all of the necessary information and documentation to provide you with the best possible legal solution.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics