Can I place a recording and/or tracking device in a car that my wife drives but is in my name?

Dallas, TX |

I bought the car before we were married and it is paid for. I am the only owner listed on the title. Can I place either or both of these in the car without her knowing and subsequently use the info obtained in a divorce case?

1. You can put a tracking device on your property. With your spouse's permission you can even have a recording device for her and your safety. Texas is a one party consent state so if you gain one of the party's consent to the recording prior, you are okay. You must have one party consent, though.

2. The law in Ohio is very similar. This is not action that I recommend.

This is not legal advice. I am not your lawyer because I answer a question intended for general information only. Don't rely on what you read here without consulting an attorney. Thank you!