Can i pick up volunteer application?

Asked 6 months ago - Albany, GA

hi i filled out an volunteer application in January and the non profit organization told me i would be contacted when they need a volunteer the application has all my information on it including my social security number they lied to me i have seen ads of them wanting a volunteer i don't want to volunteer for liars i called them they say someone already volunteer but i still see different ads on the website for volunteers i'm offering my time to help others and they are lying then one of the people told me since i was tortured/abused she would get me to do a speaking engagement because i would know how to connect with children better i never heard from her she ignored my calls and email thats not professional can i just pick up my application from? or does it belong to them?

1. Jeffrey L. Cohen

Answered . I am not sure what your question is, but the answer is yes, you should avoid future contact with the organization, as it will likely just frustrate you. Also, since you gave someone your social security number, you need to contact the credit rating agencies and place a fraud watch and credit freeze on your account.

This is not intended to be legal advice, and is general in nature.