Skip to main content

Can I petition my Mom even if I'm still a new Immigrant here in US?

Fremont, CA |

I am a new Immigrant, just got here last February 23, 2012

Attorney Answers 3


You can petition your mother if you are US citizen

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree



It will be helpful to answer your questions if you can tell us your status.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


You have to be a U.S. citizen to file a petition for your mom.

Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics