Can I petition my dad who is currently out of status but entered d US legally?Will they send him back to his country & be barred

Asked about 1 year ago - Houston, TX

I'm a US Citizen and would like to petition my father. He entered the US legally as D3 but over stayed for few years.

1. J Charles Ferrari

8

Answered . If you are over 21, then yes, you can petition him. He may or may not be able to complete the process in the US.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

Answered . You have to be 21 years of age to do that.

3. Karen-Lee Pollak

5

Answered . You can file for him but would have to file a provisional waiver of his time here unlawfully. Consult an experienced attorney to advise you.

4. Peter Corrales

6

Answered . If you are over 21, you may petition for your father. He may be eligible to adjust status here in the United States and not have to go through with consulate processing in his native country. You should contact an attorney to go over specifics.

5. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

4

Answered . Yes you can file for your dad if you are at least 21 years old. He may not be sent back to his country and may not need a waiver either as he is an immediate relative of a US citizen with a legal entry to the US. You should hire an attorney to help though.

6. Sergey Vladimirovich Makarov

3

Answered . Yes you can