Can I petition for my mom?

Asked over 2 years ago - Dallas, TX

I am a citizen and just turned 21. My mom tried to enter illegal in 2007 without any visa and got caught at the border and they fingerprint her so she went back. No I want to petition to her, will she be able to come?

1. Karen-Lee Pollak

7

Answered . You can sponsor your mom. She will need to file a waiver for herillegal entry

2. Javier G Pineda

8

Answered . You can file a petition for her and provided you are able to document the relationship, the I-130 should be approved. Her stop at the border in 2007 may be problematic. If she used fake documents to try to enter, she will need a waiver for the misrepresentation. She can only qualify for the waiver if she has legal permanent resident or US citizen parents or spouse. If she did not use fake documents, she may still need a waiver if she was expeditiously removed. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney. One last, point to consider is when she left the United States. This may cause yet another problem. Good luck.

3. J Charles Ferrari

6

Answered . Yes, you can petition her. However, due to her immigration history, you really need to do this with an experienced immigration attorney.

4. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

5

Answered . Yes you may apply for her. However, she will need a waiver. It is best to consult with and hire an experienced immigration attorney to assist in this process.