Can i pay the 10.00 dollars per hr in lieu of 75 hrs of community service

Asked 10 months ago - West Palm Beach, FL

i was given a sheet in dui class that in fla you could pay 10.00 per hr of service

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Otto Dell Rafuse


    Contributor Level 4


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It is an option allowed by Florida law, but at the discretion of the court. If the court made this option part of your sentence then you will be able to pay $10.00 per community service hour in lieu of performing community service hours. Some courts will allow you to perform some community service hours and pay for the rest. If the court did not make this option available, then you will need to file a motion to modify your probation. I would raise this issue with your probation officer as soon possible.

  2. Colleen M. Glenn


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Typically the answer to this question is yes however speak to your probation officer to see if this option is available to you. Hey may require a court order.

  3. Margaret Mary Gutierrez

    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If conversion wasn't ordered at sentencing, you should hire an attorney to file a Motion and ask the judge to modify your sentence.

    For more information or to set up a free initial consultation contact attorney Maggie Gutierrez who is on call 24/... more
  4. Justin Gary Hausler

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Only if the judge allows it in your sentencing hearing.

    Free Consultations can be made by calling 407-617-1064. Please understand that the information given is not to be... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,448 answers this week

2,762 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,448 answers this week

2,762 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary