Can I officiate a marriage according to Texas law?

Richland Hills, TX |
Filed under: Marriage and prenups

I am not an ordained or licensed minister, but I am a volunteer chaplain for emergency services

Without a license or recognized ordination, you CANNOT legally charge a fee for your services. There is no requirement that the official who presides at a wedding or signs the marriage license is a minister or elected official, however if you want to charge a fee, you must have a legal basis to do such.

Martin Zimmerman, P.C. 189 E. San Antonio St. P.O. Box 310704 New Braunfels, Texas 78131-0704 Tel: (830) 606-7886 Fax: (830) 627-2890 The information contained in and transmitted with this e-mail is: 1) Subject to the Attorney-Client Privilege; 2) Attorney Work Product; or 3) Confidential It is intended only for the individual or entity designated above. Any distribution, copying, use of, or reliance upon the information contained in and transmitted with this facsimile by or to anyone other than the recipient designated above by the sender is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify Martin Zimmerman, P.C. by telephone

Marriage and prenups topics

Recommended articles about Marriage and prenups