Can i obtain deleted text messages which could be critical in a defense case in court ok the phone obviously belongs to me

Long Island City, NY |

need to obtain or need to know if i can obtain text messages dating back to about a month old for my case which would be very important and also return the lawsuit meaning i want to create another case once i have proven myself not guilty of any charges which yo my knowledge are for money reasons i have evidence and proof on text messages which i must retrieve for my case in court for harasmant sexualy and stalking threats humiliation abuse and telling me to sell my body in order to pay him back $150 also having him telling me how he is importing drugs from other countries and all drugs are accounted for

1. If it's your phone call your carrier and ask if they keep texts and if they do how you can get them.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

2. Subpoena your records from the phone company, and from the person who was texting you, and his/her phone company. If you have a lawyer, he/she should be familiar with the subpoena process. Also, if these texts are evidence of a crime, you can report it to the DA and the DA will subpoena the records.