Skip to main content

Can I obtain a pharmacy license with a juvenile record? Advice to what I can do is appreciated as well!

Sacramento, CA |

No formal arrest, only citizen arrest by LP, recieved notice to appear citation in mail from sheriffs department told me to go answer to charges when noticed by probation department, probation sent me a letter saying that my citation is dismissed conditionally. I never had any probation, community service, court, nor did I have to meet with sheriff or probation later on. It was pc 484 for 70 dollars worth of things but I never had to go to court to plead to anything and their was not a formal arrest either. Also would this have been reported to DOJ first and then DOJ would report to ncic? I am working towards a pharmacy license, but I want to know if their is any chance of me being licensed? Please be detailed and advice is helpful as well. What can I do about my record?

Attorney Answers 3


You should consult with an Attorney in your area who has experience working with Health Care Professionals and matters relating to the Administrative side (reporting to the State Board) as well as handling Criminal matters and is familiar with the licensing requirements within your state.

Our office has handled matters such as this but unfortunately only within the state of PA. It is extremely important that you consult with a local Attorney as soon as possible and the explain the situation to them.

Law Office of Joseph A. Paletta

Responses provided by Joseph A. Paletta, Esq., and the members of this lawfirm are intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as providing legal advice regarding an individual situation. No attorney-client relationship is created by answering this question. If you would like to consult with this office, please feel free to contact us at 412.391.7999 or by sending an E-Mail to & we will contact you.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


Questions on form: Have you ever been convicted? NO. Have you ever been arrested? NO. Have you ever been charged with a crime? NO. Under the facts you've provided, I fail to see where there is a question to which the answer is yes which could interfere. You should consult with an administrative law lawyer who specializes in licensing issues, but should first get your entire file from the juvenile court. That is, if you HAVE a file. If you don't, you're probably OK.

Answering your questions on this forum does NOT constitute the forming of an attorney/client relationship. The opinions rendered herein are based on general principles of law. Laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction and there are often numerous factors which can render advice or an opinion inapplicable. You should NOT make any decisions about the handling of a legal matter based on any opinion posted on this forum. Rather, you should directly consult with an attorney about the particulars of your case before making ANY decisions.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


See my response to your other post on exactly the same facts.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Juvenile law topics

Recommended articles about Juvenile law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics