Can I obtain a pharmacy license with a juvenile record? Advice to what I can do is appreciated as well!

Asked over 1 year ago - Sacramento, CA

No formal arrest, only citizen arrest by LP, recieved notice to appear citation in mail from sheriffs department told me to go answer to charges when noticed by probation department, probation sent me a letter saying that my citation is dismissed conditionally. I never had any probation, community service, court, nor did I have to meet with sheriff or probation later on. It was pc 484 for 70 dollars worth of things but I never had to go to court to plead to anything and their was not a formal arrest either. Also would this have been reported to DOJ first and then DOJ would report to ncic? I am working towards a pharmacy license, but I want to know if their is any chance of me being licensed? Please be detailed and advice is helpful as well. What can I do about my record?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 5

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Questions on form: Have you ever been convicted? NO. Have you ever been arrested? NO. Have you ever been charged with a crime? NO. Under the facts you've provided, I fail to see where there is a question to which the answer is yes which could interfere. You should consult with an administrative law lawyer who specializes in licensing issues, but should first get your entire file from the juvenile court. That is, if you HAVE a file. If you don't, you're probably OK.

    Answering your questions on this forum does NOT constitute the forming of an attorney/client relationship. The... more
  2. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . See my response to your other post on exactly the same facts.

    No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended... more
  3. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should consult with an Attorney in your area who has experience working with Health Care Professionals and matters relating to the Administrative side (reporting to the State Board) as well as handling Criminal matters and is familiar with the licensing requirements within your state.

    Our office has handled matters such as this but unfortunately only within the state of PA. It is extremely important that you consult with a local Attorney as soon as possible and the explain the situation to them.

    Law Office of Joseph A. Paletta

    Responses provided by Joseph A. Paletta, Esq., and the members of this lawfirm are intended for informational... more

Related Topics

Criminal defense

Criminal law establishes the classifications of crimes, how guilt or innocence is determined, and the types of punishment or rehabilitation that may be imposed.

Arrest for criminal charges

Arrest is when a law enforcement officer takes you into custody, typically to jail. Officers must have a warrant or probable cause in order to arrest you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

35,690 answers this week

3,813 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

35,690 answers this week

3,813 attorneys answering