Can i obtain a learners permit with a criminal conviction of manslaughter where a car was involved???

In 1996 I was convicted of manslaughter when a person died in a car but the car wasn't moving nor was it on. I wasn't driving and never in the car. I never possessed a drivers license. i applied for a learners permit recently and was denied & told that i had to send $50 for a special requested to the state office in albany new york.

Bronx, NY -

Attorney Answers (1)

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Lawsuit / Dispute Attorney - Bellmore, NY

It sounds as if the DMV gave you the Answer. Pay the $50 and apply. You can't sue anyhow, until you exhaust your administrative remedies.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore,... more

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.