CAN I OBTAIN A K-1 OR CR-1 VISA?

Asked over 1 year ago - Miami, FL

I am a citizen of Ukraine. I worked for a studio that made and distributed pornographic products (webcam site) in Ukraine.
On June 7, 2007, I was convicted of "Offences against the public order and morality" I was charged with being an administrator.
I was not a performer. (Criminal code can be found on http://www.policy.hu/pishulina/Criminal_Code_of... ).
I completed one year of probation and on June 30, 2008 was discharged from punishment.
I have been dating a US Citizen for several years and we would like to get married.
Do I have any chance of obtaining an immigrant visa? Can I apply for a waiver? Should I just give up?
Any help would be appreciated.

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

Answered . You will not be able to get a fiancée visa, since that category has no waivers available to it.

If you marry the US citizen, obtaining a waiver for your type of offense will be hard and by no means guaranteed. Best to consult with a. Immigration lawyer about the particulars of your case and to assess your chances of success.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

1

3

Answered . YOu can forget out K1. Fir for CR1 and brace for the ride. It will be bumpy.

3. Pradeek Susheelan

Pro

2

Answered . You need to consult with a competent immigration attorney who can analyze all the potential in admissibility grounds triggered by this offense and any waivers that can be applied for. As stated by my colleagues you have an uphill battle but are more likely to succeed if married and filing based on an I-130