Can I obtain a California Finance Lenders Law license if I have been convicted of pc 415 (2) ?

Completed one year summary probation and looking to start my own lending company.

Los Angeles, CA -

John M. Kaman

John M. Kaman

Criminal Defense Attorney - San Francisco, CA

I don't see why not. It's a 90 day max misdemeanor for making too much noise. It's not exactly a crime of dishonesty or an aggravated felony. However when you are asked in the application process disclose everything . The main concern is being caught lying.

Christine C McCall

Christine C McCall

Administrative Law Lawyer - Pasadena, CA

You haven;t stated how long ago this incident was and that could be a factor. Assuming that there are no factual factors in aggravation of either the incident or your probation, this single incident should not be a bar to licensure. Mr. Kaman's advice about full disclosure is right on the mark.

Seth Andrew Weinstein

Seth Andrew Weinstein

Criminal Defense Attorney - Sherman Oaks, CA

That will not be a problem. As long as you are felony free and have no financial related misdemeanor convictions (i.e. theft), then you will be good to go. However, you must disclose the conviction if the application for the license asks if you have been convicted of any misdemeanors. Failure to disclose the conviction may result in the denial of the license due to a pattern of deceit.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
(310) 707-7131
www.sethweinsteinlaw.com

Related Advice