Can I now proceed with a motion to lift the stay or should I wait until the debtor's chapter 13 plan is confirmed?

Asked over 1 year ago - Schaumburg, IL

Can I now proceed with a motion to lift the stay or should I wait until the debtor's chapter 13 plan is confirmed at the 341 meeting?

Thank you.

1. Karen Jackson Porter

Pro

5

Answered . Oh my, from the nature of your questions, you do need the assistance of counsel. You can move to lift the stay at any time, but you must have grounds to do so. The plan is not confirmed at the creditors meeting. If you received notice and the plan is confirmed and you do not take the proper steps to protect your interest, you are bound. I hope you find counsel to assist you.

2. Dorothy G Bunce

Pro

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . It isn't necessary to wait for confirmation to ask to lift the stay...assuming you have the basis to do so. Hope this perspective helps!

3. Scott Benjamin Riddle

Pro

3

Answered . You leave us to guess what you are talking about. Lift the stay for what?

4. Marc Gregory Wagman

Answered . You need a basis for lifting the stay. You don't state why you think you should get the relief. More needs to be known about what is going on. Talk with an attorney.