Can I not provide in subpoena to my wife lawyer pay records & bank statements after court ordered of child and spousal support ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

The court already ordered child/spousal support but house and financial hearing will come. Her lawyer subpoena me to provide all pay stuffs, bank statements etc... I don't want to give them the those after the court ordered child/spousal support date. Can I do that? If I give those to them I feel my right was violate in private acts and not equal protect under constitution amendment? Thank you in advance.

1. Cathleen Elisabeth Norton

Pro

3

Answered . If financials are still at issue, then you must provide the documents or defend yourself at a Motion to Compel hearing, during which the Judge may order you to pay attorney's fees.

2. Atousa Saei

Pro

Answered . I tend to agree with Ms. Norton. While you can contest the production of certain financial records and statements, you may have to pay for the opposing counsel's attorney fees, thus backfiring. You may want to consult with a local attorney to review your options and help you move forward with your case. If you would like to discuss your case and develop your potential options further, feel free to contact me at my office: (310) 855-3386.