Can i negotiate with the other parent aabout my arrears to settle out for less money?

Asked over 3 years ago - Colorado Springs, CO

for example i owe $10,000 in arrears and i tell my spouse in writing ill give you $5000 for arrears to settle for can i do this?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Mitchell M Geller


    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . Yes, you can. We have settled many arrearage cases in this office and it is actually quite common. You need to have papers prepared and filed with the court reflecting the agreement and eliminating or reducing the arrearage as of a date certain. If you need help,
    please feel free to call.


    Mitch Geller

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,821 answers this week

3,283 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,821 answers this week

3,283 attorneys answering