Can i move to texas if im on probation in ny

Asked about 1 year ago - Binghamton, NY

if someone on probation in new yorkj for theft and they want to move to texas is it possible to do

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . New York probation would have to approve and Texas would have to agree to supervise you.

    The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal... more
  2. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . NY probation would have to approve which they will not do u less Texas agrees to supervise. If they still won't, you may have to seek the Courtr to order it.

  3. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You need to get permission from probation in whatever county you are serving the sentence, and Texas would have to agree to accept the transfer.

  4. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . First it depends it you are on NYS misdemeanor or felony probation?

    Misdemeanor probation does NOT transfer.

    Felony probation can if the other state accepts and NYS agrees to it.

    Lawrence (Larry) Newman, D.C., J.D. Attorney at Law Doctor of Chiropractic Licensed in NY, PA, NJ, & FL... more

Related Topics

Probation for criminal conviction

Probation is when an offender is released from serving a prison sentence and is instead put under supervision. The degree of supervision depends on the crime.

Jared Clayton Austin

Michigan Probation Violations

Probation is a sentence imposed in lieu of incarceration when you are found guilty of a crime. This allows people to continue on with their lives in the civilian world while still being... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,760 answers this week

3,641 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,760 answers this week

3,641 attorneys answering