Can I move to Maryland while my PA divorce is in progress?

Asked over 1 year ago - York, PA

I live in PA but work in Baltimore. I would prefer to move to Baltimore as soon as possible.

1. Brian Edward Sipe

8

Answered . No law requires you to stay in one place. If children are involved, you must file for relocation before relocating.

Some other reason might compel you to remain where you are during the divorce, for various reasons such as protecting marital property from dissipation. Speak with an attorney if you have any questions specific to your case that might require research or more detailed analysis.

2. Sheryl R Rentz

Pro

6

Answered . As long as there are no children involved (custody), there is no reason that you must stay in PA in regards to the divorce. Contact your attorney as to upcoming hearings and make sure the court has you new address

Good luck with your move.

Sheryl R. Rentz
    326 West Lancaster Avenue
    Suite 100
    Ardmore, PA 19003
    610-645-0100
    610-645-0111 (fax)
    Sheryl@srrentzlaw.com

3. Karen Ann Ulmer

Pro

1

Answered . As long as you are not taking any children without a court permission you as an adult are free to live wherever you want regardless of whether a divorce is pending.

4. Stephen Ross Cohen

Answered . Yes as long as it does not involve children