Skip to main content

Can I move to LA while my asylum case is submitted in Fransisco? any time they need I would travel to the Fransisco office

San Francisco, CA |

I am applying a religion case to San Fransisco.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    Yes, you can move and you should notify them about your change of address and that you would need to travel to the San Francisco field office instead. - Disclaimer: This a general answer to your legal question. Unless you have a signed engagement letter with me, you should not consider this information to be legal advice.

  2. Ask your attorney. If you do not have an attorney, you stand little chance of obtaining asylum and the best advice I can give you is to retain one.
    Nicklaus Misiti
    Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
    212 537 4407

    Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

  3. you can, but must notify them and your case will move to that asylum office as well, most likely creating delays

    This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

  4. If you move to LA ... the case must move to LA also.

    You really, really, really need to have an attorney helping you ... religious persecution cases are not easy to win.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics