Can I move to a different state while waiting on the decision on my green card application through mental abuse in marriage?

Asked about 2 years ago - Brooklyn, NY

I've applied for a greencard in New York, because I've resided here for the past 4 years since I've moved to the US. My case is based on mental abuse, my husband and I are divorcing. I've received my Work Authorization card. Now I've decided to move to Florida. I don't mind having to travel to NY for an interview and for the major decisions but I really value my lawyers and want to keep them on this case. Can I move without transferring my case? In other words, can I move and work in a different state, with all bills being on my name I'm Florida, and my legal representatives and case being in New York?
Thank you!!
Kindest Regards
Kate S.

1. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Ask your lawyers.