Can I move to a different state while waiting on the decision on my green card application through mental abuse in marriage?

Asked about 2 years ago - Brooklyn, NY

I've applied for a greencard in New York, because I've resided here for the past 4 years since I've moved to the US. My case is based on mental abuse, my husband and I are divorcing. I've received my Work Authorization card. Now I've decided to move to Florida. I don't mind having to travel to NY for an interview and for the major decisions but I really value my lawyers and want to keep them on this case. Can I move without transferring my case? In other words, can I move and work in a different state, with all bills being on my name I'm Florida, and my legal representatives and case being in New York?
Thank you!!
Kindest Regards
Kate S.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Ask your lawyers.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,449 answers this week

2,941 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,449 answers this week

2,941 attorneys answering