Can I move to a different state while waiting on the decision on my green card application through mental abuse in marriage?

Brooklyn, NY |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

I've applied for a greencard in New York, because I've resided here for the past 4 years since I've moved to the US. My case is based on mental abuse, my husband and I are divorcing. I've received my Work Authorization card. Now I've decided to move to Florida. I don't mind having to travel to NY for an interview and for the major decisions but I really value my lawyers and want to keep them on this case. Can I move without transferring my case? In other words, can I move and work in a different state, with all bills being on my name I'm Florida, and my legal representatives and case being in New York?
Thank you!!
Kindest Regards
Kate S.

1. Ask your lawyers.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.