Skip to main content

Can i move out of my house at the age of 17 with my 19 year old fiance in the state of michigan or will we both get in trouble?

Grant, MI |

im 17 live in michigan and newly engaged to be married after i graduate at the age of 18 my fiance is 19 he has a full time job and money to feed n protect me will he be put in jail or arrested if i leave or no and will i be charged as a runaway?

Attorney Answers 1


You won't be charged as a "runaway." If you miss school, you may face truancy charges. If you move out, you may lose certain rights to support. Why not hold out a little bit longer -- until you graduate and until you're will make life a lot easier, and you'll feel much more comfortable with your decision.
Good luck.

Mark as helpful

3 found this helpful